YouTube, a leading video-sharing platform, has become an integral part of our online lives. It’s one of the largest search engines globally, offering a treasure trove of content. However, there’s a common dilemma – what to do when you’re offline and wish to access your favorite videos. Fortunately, downloading YouTube videos for offline viewing on your Apple devices, including iPhone, iPad, and Mac, can be a lifesaver, especially in areas with unreliable Wi-Fi or limited bandwidth. In this guide, we’ll show you how to seamlessly download your preferred YouTube content on your Apple platform of choice.
Important Note: We unequivocally discourage the unauthorized downloading of copyrighted material. Always seek permission from content creators before downloading their videos if they’re not officially available for download.
Official YouTube Video Downloads on iPhone via Premium Subscription
For those with a YouTube Premium subscription, downloading YouTube videos officially is a straightforward process. YouTube Premium, priced at $13.99 per month for individual accounts and $22.99 per month for family accounts, offers this feature, albeit with some restrictions. Not all videos are available for download using YouTube Premium. Here’s how to download videos using YouTube Premium on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac:
- Sign in to your YouTube account with an active Premium subscription.
- Open the YouTube video you wish to download.
- If the video is eligible for download, you’ll notice a “Download” button below the video.
- Choose your preferred video quality (maximum 1080p).
- The video will commence downloading.
Please be aware that while the downloaded video is stored on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, it remains encrypted and cannot be shared with others.
Alternative Methods to Download YouTube Videos on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
Several methods allow you to download YouTube videos, such as using apps, browser extensions, or direct downloads from websites. However, using certain websites can be risky due to adware and potential malware. Here’s a safer method for downloading YouTube videos on your iPhone and iPad:
- Download the “Documents” file manager app from the App Store.
- Install the app and tap on the Browser icon located at the bottom left.
- If you don’t see the YouTube shortcut, search for it in the search bar.
- Play the video you intend to download.
- Copy the video’s URL from the Share option.
- Visit the website “YTLoad” using the in-app browser.
- Paste the URL and initiate the download.
- Locate the downloaded video in the designated folder and play it offline.
While using the “Documents” app is one approach, you can also copy the video URL from the YouTube website using your preferred browser and then follow the download process as described above. Furthermore, desktop video downloaders like “SurFast Video Downloader” can also be used on a Mac for a similar purpose.
By following these methods, you can conveniently download YouTube videos on your Apple devices, ensuring your favorite content is accessible even without an internet connection.